Allergy-Free Cookbook - Alice Sherwood
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Very Good, light wear/rubbing of coverPaperback
Dimensions: 182 x 235 x 14mm
Publication Date: 2011
Allergy-Free Cookbook, no eggs, no dairy, no gluten, no nuts by Alice Sherwood
Alice Sherwood was thrown into the bewildering world of food allergies when her 2-year-old son was diagnosed with a severe nut and egg allergy. Frustrated with the bland allergy-free recipes on offer, she got to work in the kitchen to devise her own delicious dishes for the family.
Discover over 100 recipes, from crusty bread and creamy ice-cream to melt-in-the-mouth sponge cake which are all adapted to exclude one or more of the 'big four' allergens: eggs, diary, nuts, and gluten. Pick up great ideas for snacks, light lunches, kids' parties and smart suppers.
Associate Professor Mimi Tang, head of the Allergy and Immunology Department at the Royal Children's Hospital in Melbourne, was the Australian consultant on this book, and all recipes are approved by the Royal Children's Hospital.
Find reassurance on key issues from checking food labels, to sourcing alternatives and steering a safe path through school life. Get into the kitchen and whip up food that's allergy free without being flavour free.
- Living with Allergies - includes excellent information on allergies, how to manage them, eating out, special occasions, shopping, what not to eat, your pantry and substituting ingredients
- Side dishes, Starters and Light Meals
- Fish, Meat and Poultry
- Pasta, Noodles & Rice
- Breads and Baking
- Sauces, Dressings and Accompaniments
Our delivery fees begin from a low $4.99 per shipment, (additional fee for Rural).
From there, the freight price rises according to the size and weight of your order.
We work hard to keep delivery costs fair and reasonable for our customers, an exact shipping price is calculated upon the size, weight and delivery address of your order and is displayed to you in the checkout.
Delivery estimates are available for your order by selecting a delivery region & postcode on your cart page
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.