Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World - Simon Welfare, John Fairley
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good plus, DJ rubbed/creased & is a little tatty around the edges, some foxing on endpapers
Hardcover (with dust jacket)
Dimensions - 195 x 255 x 25mm
Publication Date: 1980
Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World by Simon Welfare, John Fairley
Beyond the world we can quantify, classify and analyse there is another, more mysterious world. In this book Arthur C Clarke investigates this supra-scientific world. Under his direction, Simon Welfare and John Fairley travelled five continents interviewing witnesses of strange and unexplained phenomena. They talked to men and women who had seen monsters from the depths of oceans and lakes, had been showered by frogs and fishes and had watched 'unidentified flying objects' crossing the night sky in brilliant light; they talked to explorers and mountain people who had seen the yeti, the abominable snowman and his cousin 'Bigfoot'. More threatening events are also evaluated in the hope that we can glean evidence which may prevent future catastrophe.
Arthur C Clarke would not wish, even if it were possible, to provide answers to all the questions posed in this book. As he writes: 'The universe is such a strange and wonderful place that reality will always out-reach the wildest imagination.
Our delivery fees begin from a low $4.99 per shipment, (additional fee for Rural).
From there, the freight price rises according to the size and weight of your order.
We work hard to keep delivery costs fair and reasonable for our customers, an exact shipping price is calculated upon the size, weight and delivery address of your order and is displayed to you in the checkout.
Delivery estimates are available for your order by selecting a delivery region & postcode on your cart page
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.