Betty Neels - Marriage Of Practicality (3n1)
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Very Good +, initials are written on title page
Dimensions: 109 x 170 x 26mm
Publication Date: 2015
The Best Of Betty Neels: Three Classic Stories
The Awakened Heart
Devastated by a love affair that had gone wrong, Sophie was determined to avoid more heartache. Then one day the brilliant brain surgeon Rijk van Taak ter Wijsma appeared in her life. He, too, had been hurt in the past - and made it clear that he now wanted a companion rather than a wife. Sophie was pleased to accept his proposal on that basis alone - but her heart seemed to have other ideas!
The Moon for Lavinia
A nursing job in Holland was the only way Lavinia Hawkins could ensure security for herself and her young sister. Yet within weeks of arriving, Lavinia was married to the devastatingly handsome professor Radmer ter Bavinck. He had assured her that the marriage would be on a friendly basis only. He needed a kind stepmother for his daughter and a competent housekeeper to run his home. It seemed to be the ideal arrangement - for everyone except Lavinia!
Stars Through the Mist
When distinguished surgeon Gerard van Doorninck asked staff nurse Deborah Culpeper to marry him, his reasons were practical, not romantic. As she had been secretly in love with him for some time, Deborah accepted his terms and hoped for the best. It might all have worked out very happily, had Gerard's friend Claude van Trapp not done his best to try to spoil things!
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.