Brett McGregor - Taste of a Traveller: New Zealand's First Masterchef
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Very Good, mild wear of cover, spine faded
Dimensions: 203 x 251 x 18mm
Publication Date: 2011
First MasterChef NZ Brett McGregor's many years of travel have inspired the way he cooks. Like many New Zealanders he's travelled widely and picked up lots of great recipes along the way. This collection draws from the diverse tastes and experiences he's gathered while travelling.
He loves the way he can re-create those moments at home through cooking and continue to evoke the sensations and memories of his travels. This book aims to try and re-create some of the stand out dishes from Brett's favourite countries. The fresh intense flavours of Asia have always intrigued him and he's spent years developing his own style and take on some classic dishes. It was the same whilst travelling throughout Spain and Northern Africa. Fresh Spanish tapas and Moroccan tagines are great influences on his cooking style. There's also a great section on Kiwi cooking which includes old favourites like roasts.
This book is a treasure trove of wonderful, simple and delicious recipes that you can make every day. The photographs are vibrant and colourful and evocative of the countries Brett's travelled to. Including some recipes from other MasterChef finalists, and Brett's Mum's winning scone recipes Taste of a traveller is an excellent addition to any kitchen. You'll find it inspires you to travel - and to cook.
Our delivery fees begin from a low $4.99 per shipment, (additional fee for Rural).
From there, the freight price rises according to the size and weight of your order.
We work hard to keep delivery costs fair and reasonable for our customers, an exact shipping price is calculated upon the size, weight and delivery address of your order and is displayed to you in the checkout.
Delivery estimates are available for your order by selecting a delivery region & postcode on your cart page
We do not ship internationally at present. We only ship to addresses within New Zealand.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.