Debbie Macomber - A Mother's Wish (3n1)
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Very Good
Dimensions:154 x 234 x 35mm
Publication Date: 2012
Wanted: Perfect Partner
Single mum Meg Remington has been fixed up on a date with a man named Steve. Her well-meaning teenage daughter found him in the personal ads. Now her little matchmaker has produced a photo of him. Meg can't believe her eyes, he's gorgeous –– only now it's too late to do anything, because he's at the door!
Robin Masterson's ten–year–old son, Jeff, wanted to make friends with the dog next door. The problem was that Blackie belonged to Cole Camden –– not the friendliest man in the Mastersons' new neighbourhood.
Cole hadn't always been so solitary, so aloof. The deaths of his wife and son had embittered him, and that was something Robin could understand. Her own much–loved husband had died when Jeff was just a baby.
Now, for the first time in ten years, Robin found herself responding to a man. But was Cole interested in her –– or in replacing the family he'd lost?
Love By Degree
Ellen Cunningham had decided to go back to college in Seattle. She would get her degree and become the best first–grade teacher around. But money was tight, and she was lucky to find inexpensive lodging in a house with three young college boys. Though she was only five years older, Ellen played housemother in exchange for low rent, a situation that pleased everyone.
Except Reed Morgan, the absentee owner. When he returned unexpectedly, he wasn't happy to discover his house occupied by a bunch of college boys and Ellen. Especially Ellen…
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.