Diana Gabaldon - An Echo In The Bone
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Dimensions: 154 x 233 x 46mm
Publication Date: 2009
(Outlander Series Bk 7)
Jamie Fraser, former Jacobite and reluctant rebel, is already certain of three things about the American rebellion: The Americans will win, fighting on the side of victory is no guarantee of survival, and he’d rather die than have to face his illegitimate son—a young lieutenant in the British army—across the barrel of a gun.
Claire Randall knows that the Americans will win, too, but not what the ultimate price may be. That price won’t include Jamie’s life or his happiness, though—not if she has anything to say about it.
Meanwhile, in the relative safety of the twentieth century, Jamie and Claire’s daughter, Brianna, and her husband, Roger MacKenzie, have resettled in a historic Scottish home where, across a chasm of two centuries, the unfolding drama of Brianna’s parents’ story comes to life through Claire’s letters. The fragile pages reveal Claire’s love for battle-scarred Jamie Fraser and their flight from North Carolina to the high seas, where they encounter privateers and ocean battles—as Brianna and Roger search for clues not only to Claire’s fate but to their own. Because the future of the MacKenzie family in the Highlands is mysteriously, irrevocably, and intimately entwined with life and death in war-torn colonial America.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.