Dr. Axelrod's Mini Atlas of Freshwater Aquarium Fishes
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good, cover has light scuffing/scratches, mild creasing of spine
Dimensions: 150 x 221 x 65mm
Publication Date: 1987
Dr. Axelrod's Mini Atlas of Freshwater Aquarium Fishes by Herbert R. Axelrod, Warren E. Burgess, C.W. Emmens
The entire staff of Tropical Fish Hobbyist magazine, aided by Prof. Dr. C. W. Emmens, pooled their talents to make this the most complete book on aquarium fishes ever published.
The selection, care and breeding section, which also features aquarium plants, was written by Prof. Dr. Emmens with the most up-to-date techniques in the hobby. The scientific names of the fishes are up-to-date with the most recent, scientifically accepted designations. The photographs, more than 1,800 in all, have been carefully selected to feature the common fishes those that 99% of the world's hobbyists would encounter.
This is called the "mini" Atlas in reference to the much larger Dr. Axelrod's Atlas which, in its last edition, had more than 4.000 colour photographs of fishes, but which lacked the selection, care, breeding and aquarium plants material.
Another FIRST for this book is the pictorial captions which tell at a glance all the pertinent information the average person needs to know about the fish, how it breeds, its temperament, feeding habits, etc. In that way the authors have been able to present a huge amount of information in the smallest possible space.
- ISBN: 9780866223850
- Publication Date:
Our delivery fees begin from a low $4.99 per shipment, (additional fee for Rural).
From there, the freight price rises according to the size and weight of your order.
We work hard to keep delivery costs fair and reasonable for our customers, an exact shipping price is calculated upon the size, weight and delivery address of your order and is displayed to you in the checkout.
Delivery estimates are available for your order by selecting a delivery region & postcode on your cart page
Every book is photographed, assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.