Hook, Line And Blinkers - Gareth Morgan
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Very Good
Dimensions: 210 x 240 x 9mm
Publication Date: 2011
As his fish bins filled up on another successful raid on the Cook Strait groper fishery, economist and dedicated fisherman Gareth Morgan found himself wondering whether it could possibly be right that he should be allowed to do this. Is it still true, he wondered, that there are plenty more fish in the sea? He resolved to find out.
Together with Geoff Simmons, he launched an in-depth investigation into the state of New Zealand's fisheries resource and our supposedly world-leading management regime. Hook, Line and Blinkers is the result. Fishing is but one of the pressures our oceans face, but it's one that people – you and me – can readily influence. For it's not only the fishing industry that must confront the impacts of their fishing on the environment: recreational fishers must face up to our share of issues, too. Meanwhile, if we mean to ensure that there are still fish in the sea tomorrow, we must begin to make ethical choices about what we buy and eat. Hook, Line and Blinkers will change how Kiwis think about fishing, whether you are sitting in Parliament, your dinghy, or at your dinner table.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.