Inventions From The Shed - Jim Hopkins
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good, book/pages a bit wavy, spine corner bumped (see photo)
Dimensions: 189 x 245 x 9mm
Publication Date: 2000
Inventions From The Shed by Jim Hopkins, Photography by Julie Riley
When Jim Hopkins and Julie Riley were working on their bestselling book, Blokes and Sheds, they discovered that Kiwi blokes were creating some amazing things in their sheds. This new book describes more than 100 original inventions from sheds throughout New Zealand.
Ask most people to describe their impression of an inventor and they'll come up with a bloke who's a cross between Albert Einstein, Dr Who and the Nutty Professor. The reality is that inventors are as diverse as their inventions, and Inventions from the Shed has them all, from a porridge stirrer to a paper-powered car, from a safety rake to a shearing table, from a rod holder to a revolutionary rotor. Jim Hopkins uncovers these and many more inventions, some high-tech, some low-tech, all products of Kiwi ingenuity. Julie Riley's photographs once again demonstrate the best New Zealand sheddies have to offer.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.