James McGee - Resurrectionist
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good +, some creases on cover/spine, foxed
Trade Paperback (large)
Dimensions: 153 x 234 x 36mm
Publication Date: 2007
(Mathew Hawkwood Series Bk 2)
Bow Street Runner Matthew Hawkwood brings his own form of justice to the salons and slums of Regency London in the gripping sequel to 'Ratcatcher'.
For the body snatchers, death is a lucrative business. But it's the corpse they leave behind, horribly mutilated and nailed to a tree, which sets Bow Street Runner Matthew Hawkwood on their trail.
A new term at London's anatomy schools stokes demand for fresh corpses, and the city's resurrection men vie for control of the market. Their rivalry takes an ugly turn when a grave robber is brutally murdered and his body displayed as a warning to other gangs. To hunt down those responsible, Hawkwood must venture into London's murkiest corners, where ever more gruesome discoveries await him.
Nowhere, though, is as grim as Bedlam, notorious asylum for the insane and scene of another bizarre killing. Sent to investigate, Hawkwood finds himself pitted against his most formidable adversary yet, an obsessive genius hell-bent on advancing the cause of science at all costs.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.