Mark Skaife: Diary Of A Champion
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good/Acceptable, creases/wear/scuffing on cover, edge wear
Dimensions: 153 x 233 x 24mm
Publication Date: 2002
Mark Skaife: Diary Of A Champion
Known as the consummate professional, Mark Skaife lives, eats and breathes motorsport and has only one ambition in life, "to look back in 20 years and know I gave it the best I had." Arguably the best Touring Car driver of the last decade, Mark Skaife pens a "year in the life of" a reigning V8 Champion from flying down Conrod Straight at nearly 300km per hour to winning the 2001 Bathurst 1000, through to racing around the streets of Parliament House in the national Capital in a roaring 600bhp V8 Supercar.In 2000 Mark successfully won his third Australian Touring Car Championship, first for the all-conquering Holden racing team, and in 2001 repeated his dominance on track to clinch his fourth. In 2002 he's giving it his best shot at not only the "hat trick", but equalling the all-time record of five Championships.What drives a driver? Come trackside behind the scenes, and find out what it takes to achieve this type of success: the rivalry, the tactics, strategies, and even the in-car radio "chat". Join him in the corporate boardrooms of what is now considered the "business of motorsport". In today's competitive environment, off-track can be just as competitive as on-track.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.