New Zealand Yesterdays - A Look At Our Recent Past
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Very Good, name written on first page, DJ has some scratches/rubbing/wear, some shelf-wear
Hardcover (with dust jacket)
Dimensions: 239 x 311 x 30mm
Publication Date: 1984
Reader's Digest New Zealand Yesterdays - A Look At Our Recent PastThis richly illustrated survey of life in the 20th century New Zealand begins in the days when King Dick Seddon ruled over what he called 'God's own country.'
It shows how ordinary New Zealanders lived in town and country, how they made ends meet, how they took care of one another from the cradle to the grave and how they lived at home while their young men fought overseas in three wars. It shows how people enjoyed themselves and how they worked to develop the country.
The story of New Zealand is told in more than 360 articles in 320 pages and almost 1000 photographs, drawings, maps, and diagrams, many of them in colour.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.