Outdoors With Geoff - Geoff Thomas
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Near Fine condition
Large Trade Paperback
Dimensions - 181 x 228 x 20mm
Publication Date: 2012
When a fish plagues one's dreams and fills every waking thought ...it becomes more than just a fish.' Geoff Thomas is synonymous with New Zealand's outdoors and one of the most well-known fishermen in the country. For years we have watched his escapades on his popular TV show, Outdoors with Geoff - now some of his most exhilarating stories have been documented for you to savour and enjoy. Ever wondered how spear-fishers find their catch, how to hunt for geese during an earthquake, or what the ABs did to let off steam during the Rugby World Cup? With boundless stories of adventure, Geoff and his mates take you on a journey around New Zealand and overseas, searching for the ultimate experience. With handy tips along the way such as the best way to work a slow jig, how to read the currents for snapper or how to make Geoff's wild duck soup you can find your own place in the outdoors. Or just sit back, relax and enjoy 100 of Geoff's greatest adventures!
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.