Paul Thomas - Old School Tie
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good plus, cover has some wear, pages tanning/foxing
Dimensions: 112 x 181 x 22mm
Publication Date: 1994
(Tito Ihaka Bk 1)
Strange and sinister things are happening in the City of Sails. A private eye with a briefcase full of scandalous photos is clinically assassinated in a basement car park. A businessman who seems to have it all plummets to his death from the Harbour Bridge. And a clue is discovered to the mysterious suicide of a teenage girl at an exclusive school ball. When a magazine decides to investigate, it calls on the services of occasional journalist and failed gigolo Reggie Sparks.
Soon Reggie finds himself chasing a story in which blackmail and double dealing are the order of the day and some secrets are dark enough to kill for. Highly original, gripping, deftly plotted and blackly humorous, and featuring a rogue' gallery of weird and wild characters, Old School Tie is the thriller NZ fans of crime fiction have been waiting for......
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.