Rory McIlroy: The Biography - Frank Worrall
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Very Good - creases on cover/spine
Dimensions: 129 x 198 x 20mm
Publication Date: 2012
Hard-hitting Rory McIlroy was destined to become a professional golfer from the moment he recorded a 40-yard drive at the age of two. His first hole in one came when he was nine, and he played in his first pro European tour event as a 16-year old in 2005.
This biography tells all about his amateur career, culminating in the Silver Medal as leading amateur in the 2007 Open Championship at Carnoustie. It presents a portrait of an athlete who, despite high expectations, keeps a cool head on his young shoulders and lets his golf do the talking. It goes on to describe how in 2008, Rory entered the top 100 in the Official World Golf Rankings, with his first victory coming in the 2009 Dubai Desert Classic where he endured a nail-biting final hole. His final breakthrough is discussed, when in June 2011, he won his first major, the US Open at Congressional Country Club in Maryland. Rory won by eight shots and finished with the amazing total of 16 under par.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.