Safe Haven - George Kerr, Aaron Hing
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good plus, tidy name/address stamp 1st page, slightly foxed/tanned
Dimensions: 137 x 215 x 11mm
Publication Date: 1999
Safe Haven: Value Investing, A Certain Strategy For An Uncertain World - George Kerr, Aaron Hing with Selwyn Parker
The investment world is more volatile than ever.
If it's not Asian share markets collapsing or the kiwi in a tailspin, it's the Dow hitting new highs or Net stocks jumping 500%. But people do need a higher return than the bank, whether they save $5,000 a year or have $1 million to invest.
Safe Haven offers a certain strategy through an alarming, confusing and unpredictable financial world. That strategy is Value Investing.
Value Investing has a long pedigree. It has worked outstandingly well for over half a century and made many individuals very wealthy. This is how the professionals practise it and how you can use it.
Written by experts at the heart of the investment world, this very special book explains the essentials of Value Investing and how it can be tailored to meet your individual needs.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.