Sara Douglass - The Wounded Hawk
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good, pages/closed book edges are tanned & foxed
Dimensions: 112 x 181 x 52mm
Publication Date: 2002
The Wounded Hawk by Sara Douglass
(The Crucible Series Bk 2)
The Demon-King wears the Crown of England and only a man strong enough to resist love can defeat him.
Casting aside his vows to the Church, and protected by the powerful Duke of Lancaster and his son Hal Bolingbroke, Thomas Neville is now free to pursue his quest for Wynkyn de Worde's casket. But Richard II is subtle and cunning, and moves swiftly against Neville and Bolingbroke, destroying both their families and using his minions to drive the realm towards bloody rebellion.
Only Neville's wife Margaret can help, but Neville knows he cannot fully trust her. And what of Bolingbroke who, as the months go by, reveals ambitions far greater and deadlier than Neville ever realised?
As Neville inches closer and closer to the casket, he discovers that opening it might well release a greater horror across the earth than the one he wishes to thrust back into hell.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.