Scott Guy: His Parents' Story of Love, Betrayal, Murder and Courage
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good minus, cover showing signs of use & wear, light creases, several pages a little wrinkled/soiled
Dimensions: 229 x 152 x 22mm
Publication Date: 2013
Scott Guy His Parents' Story of Love, Betrayal, Murder and Courage by Tony Farrington
Everyone has demons. Few people admit to them, let alone conquer them. Because one person succumbed to his, a handsome young farmer, Scott Guy, was cut down in the prime of life in the driveway of his Feilding home on July 8, 2010. The tragedy held New Zealand spell bound - particularly the arrest and murder trial of Scott's brother-in-law, Ewen MacDonald; the exposure of intimate details of the Guy family's lives; and the dignity with which its patriarch, Bryan, conducted himself throughout. Scott Guy is Bryan and Jo Guy's story. It reveals much more than came out at the murder trial; it gives a uniquely intimate view of how the murder affected them, their family and friends. It discloses previously unknown details of what went on behind the scenes. It reveals how the Guys overcame their own personal demons, how they mined inner strength to cope with the stress, grief, fear and the heartbreak of not only the violent death of a cherished son, but of a series of personal catastrophes which followed. They share their unique story in the hope of helping others struggling with the vagaries of life. This, they believe, may give meaning to the apparent senselessness of all that has happened within their family.
Our delivery fees begin from a low $4.99 per shipment, (additional fee for Rural).
From there, the freight price rises according to the size and weight of your order.
We work hard to keep delivery costs fair and reasonable for our customers, an exact shipping price is calculated upon the size, weight and delivery address of your order and is displayed to you in the checkout.
Delivery estimates are available for your order by selecting a delivery region & postcode on your cart page
We do not ship internationally at present. We only ship to addresses within New Zealand.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.