The Calorie Fallacy - Dr Libby Weaver
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Very Good, light wear to cover
Dimensions: 136 x 215 x 20mm
Publication Date: 2014
Dr Libby's The Calorie Fallacy
Dr Libby's The Calorie Fallacy is a ground-breaking book that challenges the very core of weight loss convention and dogma. It will turn everything you thought you knew about calories and diets on its head...
How many of us have been told that if we burn more calories than we eat, weight loss will be inevitable? How many of us have discovered that this century old philosophy does not seem to apply to our body no matter how hard we work, in this modern world?
In a world obsessed with calorie counting, we find ourselves instead watching the waistlines of the Western world continually increasing. What if the foundation nutritional philosophy that the calorie equation is the sole determinant of weight loss is completely outdated and in many cases wrong? Through sharing her own personal story and the journey that set her on to uncover and explore the biochemistry of sustainable weight loss, Dr Libby shares countless case studies of clients she has worked with over the past 16 years, along with her two decades of scientific research into the principles of body fat loss.
So for all of you who have been making an enormous effort and commitment to weight loss with little or no sustainable outcomes, and for those who simply want to understand how to live happier, healthier lives, allowing your body to efficiently use body fat as a fuel, Dr Libby will arm you with the wisdom to stop dieting and depriving yourself and start thriving. Stop dieting and start nourishing yourself and watch the transformation occur.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.