The Streetwise Home Buyer - Stephen Hart
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Very Good, spine faded
Dimensions: 148 x 210 x 19mm
Publication Date: 2008
The Streetwise Home Buyer 2nd Edition - Stephen Hart
The step-by-step guide to smart home buying in New Zealand.
Buying a home in New Zealand can be a minefield. Houses for sale without a price, secret reserves, high pressure auctions. It's easy to end up buying a lemon rather than a peach.
One mistake can cost you thousands. As the saying goes; Let the buyer beware. The Streetwise Home Buyer is a step-by-step guide on how to find, negotiate and buy the best possible home for the best possible price. It reveals the tips, tricks and traps of today's real estate market.
Everything is covered. From buying an apartment to building your own home. From where to buy to what to buy. From making an offer to making a killing.
The Streetwise Home Buyer puts you, the buyer, in charge of the home buying process for a change. Inside you'll learn how to:* Spot a bargain from a rip-off
* Identify up and coming neighbourhoods
* Avoid buying a leaky building * Do your own pre-purchase checks
* Recognise whether an asking price is reasonable or laughable
* Renovate without hysterics
Armed with The Streetwise Home Buyer, you will be a formidable buyer.
Let the seller beware for a change.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.