Turning Points - Sue Calwell
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good, some wear/rubbing on cover, pages/closed book edges starting to tan/fox
Dimensions - 152 x 230 x 30mm
Publication Date: 2013
Turning Points Edited by Sue Calwell
This book will make you laugh and it will make you cry. It will make you realise that you can't take life for granted, that happiness is precious and that you are strong enough to make it.
These wise stories tell of moments of courage, inspiration and despair: such as when you decide that you must get in touch with lost friends and you rediscover the true meaning of friendship; or when you finally learn to live with grief, knowing you are honouring the person you lost; or when you eventually start listening to yourself and achieve your goals.
Following on from the bestselling 'There's More To Life Than Sex And Money', these stories will open your eyes and make you value what you have. Life's too short...!
Includes inspiring personal stories from Julie Anthony, Eddie McGuire, Gai Waterhouse, Ron Clarke, Tottie Goldsmith and many more.
Books are assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.