Union Jax: Back to Blighty - Jax Hamilton
- Prices are in NZD
- See description below for additional condition information
- Image of actual product
Guarantee safe & secure checkout
Used Good, creases/scratches on cover, heavy crease on the back cover
Dimensions: 194 x 256 x 17mm
Publication Date: 2013
Union Jax: Back to Blighty by Jax Hamilton
Join the irrepressible Jax Hamilton as she heads home to Britain on a whirlwind trip of discovery and of rediscovery. Packed with action, Jax revisits favourite London haunts, reconnects with family and friends, and ventures up north, 'past the Watford Gap', and beyond, and always with her singular passion for food to the fore. She explores the grand old markets and samples the new 'posh nosh' eateries of London, caters for a full on garden party with only a frying pan and cake knife to hand, dashes for a touch of sea, sun and candy floss at Brighton and skips across the Irish Sea to sample the Guinness and show them how to make an Irish Stew, Kiwi-style...all done with inimitable style and flair bringing us her unique take on British cuisine as she now finds it.
Following her successful first book, Jax Cooks (2012), Union Jax serves up delicious, easy-to-prepare dishes with beguiling travel tales on the side, all garnished with beautiful photographs and plenty of Jax attitude.
- ISBN: 9781869538552
- Publication Date:
Our delivery fees begin from a low $4.99 per shipment, (additional fee for Rural).
From there, the freight price rises according to the size and weight of your order.
We work hard to keep delivery costs fair and reasonable for our customers, an exact shipping price is calculated upon the size, weight and delivery address of your order and is displayed to you in the checkout.
Delivery estimates are available for your order by selecting a delivery region & postcode on your cart page
Every book is photographed, assessed and graded as follows, although descriptions can be subjective.
Please note that these are secondhand books so please ask if you have any additional questions about the condition of a particular book or if you would like more photos.
- New: Brand new and unread.
- Like New: Almost as new, may look unread and in near perfect condition. May show traces of handling or use. Any defects noted.
- Very Good: A copy that has been read, showing some modest signs of wear; blemishing; (scuffs, nicks, creasing, fading, small stains, small DJ tears, previous owner's name). Still in excellent condition for a used book. Any major defects noted.
- Good: A previously read copy, showing signs of wear and tear consistent with age and use, but has all pages present. May have fading, soiling, tears, scuffs, nicks, heavy creasing, underlining, highlighting, DJ with chips/tears. Any major defects noted, other minor defects may not be noted.
- Acceptable/Fair: A book with significant wear & faults, still a reading copy with full text still readable, may lack endpapers. Any major defects noted.
- Poor: Much use & sufficiently worn and/or soiled, stained, may have loose joints, hinges or pages. These are books that have been saved from being sent to the landfill.
All book measurements are approximate
Tanning - age tanning or browning/yellowing occurs over time on the pages of books, tanning tends to start on the outside of the pages and progresses inward over time, often creating a brownish or yellowish border around the page edges.
Foxed / Foxing - age-related brown or brown-yellowish spotting of the paper caused by a chemical reaction over time.
Sunned - damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight.
Closed Tear - indicates a torn page in which no material has been lost. A closed tear can be pressed back into place or sometimes fixed with archival repair tape.
Ex-library – the book was once owned by, and circulated in, a public library. This book could well be in any of the above general categories but more often than not has been well used. May have library stickers, stamps, or markings.